XOXOXOXO!!! Christmas is approaching…. If being the middle of december isn’t reason enough for you, let’s
bake make some cookies !
I know what you’re thinking. “No way, another cookie recipe?” Well, to tell you the truth, in all this pre-Christmas excitement I kind of lost track myself. Thats right, and You know when you have an idea of something in your head, and you have to cross your fingers and hope it turns out the way you want? That’s the story behind these Chocolate covered Oreo Reindeer Cookies. And I am so pleased that they turned out just as cute as I hoped, and they taste as good as they look. These tasty oreo reindeer cookies are a fun and festive project plus kids can help make them too. Great for a christmas or winter themed parties or just for a fun blustery afternoon. Anyway, I wish you happy holidays! XOXOXOXO!!!
Chocolate Covered Oreo Reindeer Cookies
- 24 Oreos
- 24 lollipop sticks
- 1 pound chocolate chips,melted
- 1 small bag of mini-pretzels
- red fondant, roll into the 24 tiny balls ( you could use mini M&Ms or other small red candies)
- white fondant, roll into the 48 tiny balls ( you could use white chocolate chips or candy eyes)
- Melt the chocolate chips and stick your lollipop stick in the chocolate and then place it in the creme filling of the Oreo.
- After you have all the sticks in place wait about 30 minutes or until the chocolate is completely dry.
- Once the chocolate is completely dry,dip the Oreos in melted chocolate until covered.
- Use 48 white fondant for eyes and 24 red for noses.
- While the coating is still wet, press a red fondant into the center of the cookie.
- Place two white fondant above the red fondant.
- Put broken pretzels into the sides to look like antlers.
- Add two pretzel antlers, angling them between the cookies and into the space where the cream filling is.
- Finish up by dipping a toothpick in the melted chocolate and give each reindeer two black dots in the center of their white eyes.
- Repeat until all of the cookies are dipped and decorated. Let dry.