Okay football fanatics, here is an appetizer that always score a touchdown!
Happy Superbowl Sunday, my friends! Here is another recipe for you in preparation for THE BIG GAME!
I started the last week off with this easy buffalo chicken dip, and today, we’re switching it up a bit with these easy Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Rollups. I’ve to admit, I’ve been a bit obsessed with buffalo chicken anything lately. When I think of what to cook, the only thing that comes to mind is buffalo chicken, regardless of how good it was, every now and again we should try different things.
So I turned to my favorite cookbook, the Pinterest and searched with three criteria: Chicken, Appetizer and FAST.
When looking for an appetizer one of the key requirements is that it is easy to assemble and often that it can be prepared in advance. No one wants to be stuck in the kitchen throughout their party, Right ?
So You can assemble these a few hours ahead of time and keep them refrigerated. Or You could make the filling the night before, and assemble them just before party, because it only takes a few minutes to assemble.
As usual, the photo shoot had to be done in a very short time until my darling got his bite of these Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups.
Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups
- 2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wings sauce
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cheedar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 4 (6 inch) large flour tortillas
- * 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a mixing bowl combine the blue cheese,cream cheese,sour cream and the cheedar cheese.
- Toss in chicken with 1/2 cup buffalo wings sauce.
- Lay a tortilla out on a plate and spread an even layer of the chicken and cheese mixture all the way to the edges (about 2 to 3 tbsp).
- Roll up tortilla tightly and place on a plate and then repeat until all the ingredients have been used.
- Pop into the fridge to chill for 2 hour.
- Slice each rolled tortillas off the ends and set aside.
- Garnish with sliced green onion.
- * - make sure your tortillas are at room temperature before you roll them so they are nice and flexible.
- * -Smaller tortillas may be used, however you will need to adjust the amount of chicken and cheese mixture you add to each tortilla.
- * -If time is an issue, you can skip the refrigeration before slicing or refrigerate for less time. However, for best results, refrigeration is recommended.