Fresh Strawberry Pie Bites – a perfect way to make a bite-sized version of your favorite pie! Delicious and full of fresh strawberries, a must make for Memorial Day, Father’s Day or any summer cookout.
It’s starting to warm up outside, and I’m sure many of you are planning the menu for your barbecues. Of course there must be anything and everything you can fit on your grill, but no matter how full I am after a barbecue I can always manage to find a little room for dessert. These Fresh Strawberry Pie Bites are perfect for serving because they are just the right size for satisfying your sweet tooth after a big meal.
Bite-Sized Pie Again ??
I know, I know…I posted Lemon Meringue Pie Bites, Chocolate Cream Pie Bites and Pumpkin Pie Bites.
But, um, can I do one more?
I mean, this is one of the easiest recipes ever, so I figure y’all can hang with me for Bite-Sized Pie #4, right?
Good. These pies are worth it, I promise!
They’re easier than opening a box of Oreos. (Almost.)
Simply take a pie crust (I used my homemade all butter pie crust, but you can also use a Pillsbury crust) and cut 3 inch circles with a round cutter or jar lid or glass. Press each into a mini muffin pan. One crust makes about 12-14 mini pies. Bake until they’re browned.
Fill each pie with finely chopped strawberries, and pour a strawberry glaze into.
When ready to serve, top with some whipped cream.
And that’s all folks.
I know, I know…Fresh Strawberry Pie Bites are the perfect way to enjoy all the delicious strawberries right now!
Fresh Strawberry Pie Bites
Fresh Strawberry Pie Bites - a perfect way to make a bite-sized version of your favorite pie!
- Homemade All Butter Pie Crust or 2 pre-made, ready to roll pie crusts
- 4-6 cups fresh strawberries, chopped and hulled
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3oz. box of Strawberry Jell-O
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour (or use nonstick cooking spray) a mini-muffin pan. Set aside.
- Roll the dough or pie crust out on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin.
- Using a round cookie or biscuit cutter (approximately 3 inches diamater) cut at least 24 rounds out ( or 12 rounds of each pie crust, if using store bought)
- Carefully press each round into the mini-muffin pan. Use your fingers to round the ends into a pie crust. Brush egg wash from one egg to the top edges of each pie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove from oven and let the crust cool while you make the filling.
- Once cooled, use the tip of a knife to loosen the crusts from the mini muffin cups, but keep them in the pan.
- Put the water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Whisk constantly until it become thick. For about 3 minutes.
- Then whisk in the Jell-O and cook for a minute longer.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for about 10-15min
- As the glaze cools, place strawberries straight into the mini pie crusts.
- Pour the glaze over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Decorate with whipped cream before serving.
- Keep refrigerated.