1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Set aside.
2. Slice zucchini in about the thickness of a quarter. (You can either use a knife & a very steady hand like i do, or a mandoline slicer.)
3. Place the slices on a sheet of paper towels and take another paper towel and sandwich the zucchini slices and press on them. This helps draw out the liquid so it’ll cook a bit faster.
4. Lay out slices on prepared baking sheet, tightly next to each other in a straight line, making sure not to overlap them.
5. Pour oil in small bowl and with a pastry brush lightly brush the olive oil on each zucchini slice.
Sprinkle with salt – use LESS than what seems appropriate. These shrink considerably in the oven, and if you use too much, it’ll be way too salty! You can always add more later.
6. Place in preheated oven and bake 45 minutes. Rotate baking sheet, and bake an additional 40-50 minutes, until they start to brown and aren’t soggy and are crisp. Let cool before removing and serving.
7. These are best eaten within a couple hours of removing from the oven, as they start to get chewy if left out.