I can surely say that my dreams have become reality because today I tried creamy-decadent peanut butter pie with a perfect Hot Fudge topping … And that is that! This is my favorite pie! Definitely!
Some of the photos simply take my breath away. Like, totally. Of course, those are always pictures of food (to avoid confusion by accident).
when I come across a recipe with such a “mind stopped” photography, I always make sure to put it in the folder “MUST”, because it really is a must to try all the recipes and make sure that they are exactly like we see them in photos.
In 99% of cases I wasn’t wrong – dishes from the pictures were really juicy, irresistible, over – tasty, innovative and there was only a small number of those I was wrong about. So small that it isn’t worth mentioning.
You know that feeling when you feel something like your own, like when you connect with your soul mate? For me, those were peanut butter chocolate cups, truffles,candies in my fantasy…. I can surely say that my dreams have become reality because today I tried creamy-decadent peanut butter pie with a perfect Hot Fudge topping … And that is that!
This is my favorite pie! Definitely!
It’s not that we need an excuse to try such a treat, but I made it for two girls who have a very special place in my heart. Those are the two who are your idols when you are 5 years old and the best friends when you grow up a little. Those two who teach you everything that is “cool” while you are still in primary school, and those two who teach you to see the world completely differently when you need it most. And, if you’re the youngest, they follow you for years and educate you.
My sisters, happy birthday to you!
Fabulous Hot Fudge Peanut Butter Pie
- 2 cups chocolate graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 stick of butter (6 tablespoons)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tub (12 ounces) Cool Whip, divided
- 1 jar (11.75 ounces) hot fudge topping, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot fudge
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- remaining cool whip
- Melt the butter in the microwave
- Place the chocolate graham crackers into a plastic bag. Close bag and crush with a spoon until you have tiny granular particles (about the size of a pea).
- Combine the melted butter, sugar and chocolate graham crackers crumbs.
- Press ingredients into 9-inch buttered pie/tart pan, making sure to cover all sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 325°F.
- In large bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar until creamy.
- Fold in 3 cups of Cool Whip and gently mix in until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into pie shell. Using a spatula, smooth mixture to edges of pie.
- Remove 2 tablespoons hot fudge from jar and reserve in zip-loc plastic baggie for later.
- Heat remaining hot fudge according to package directions.
- Spread on top of peanut butter layer. Refrigerate pie until serving time.
- At serving time, knead hot fudge in baggie with hands; cut tiny hole in corner of baggie and pipe over pie.
- Repeat with 2 tablespoons peanut butter and pipe on pie in opposite direction.
- Carefully garnish the pie edges with remaining cool whip.