So indulgent and rich, yet perfectly sized and tasty, so irresistible. These 4 ingredient, Homemade Baileys Truffles are the perfect gift for family or friends….or the yummiest little sneaky late night treat!
I never imagined I’d say this, but I think I might be sick of chocolate.
Well, more appropriately, I think I am sick from chocolate.
Well, I thought it would be a good idea to sample the truffles I made tonight. Yay. They were good, but I think they put me over the top. I am in a major cocoa-coma. Hopefully I snap out of it. You know, in time to eat more chocolate.
You must trust me on this one. Due to my crazy schedule as of late, this will probably be the only St. Patrick’s Day recipe I can get up, but at least it’s a good one, right?! And the best thing about these Homemade Baileys Truffles is that they are so rich and decadent,
you won’t need to eat many to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Homemade Baileys Truffles
So indulgent and rich, yet perfectly sized and tasty, so irresistible. These 4 ingredient, Homemade Baileys Truffles are the perfect gift for family or friends....or the yummiest little sneaky late night treat!
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp. Bailey's Original Irish Cream liqueur
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating + 2 (oz) white chocolate candy coating
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water.
- Cook until nearly boiling.
- Stir with a wire whisk until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the Baileys,heavy cream and vanilla.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hours to chill.
- Line a tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the chocolate baileys mixture, and roll into truffles of your desired size.
- Place on baking paper. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until firm again.
- In a bowl melt dark chocolate candy coating.
- Dip the truffles into the chocolate, shake off extra and place on parchment paper.
- Let the truffles sit until hard, about 15 minutes.
- Once set, in a small bowl melt white chocolate candy coating.
- Place in a small baggie and cut a small hole in one corner.
- Carefully drizzle chocolate over truffles.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve cold. These can also be frozen for longer storage.