Yup! These cookies just came out of the oven at our house. FRESH and HOT! and I would like to give you a word of advice, when you preparing this Cookies with Blueberries and Lemon is best to keep them windows closed. Or plan on making extra. Because if you happen to have your kitchen windows open the otherworldly smell will waft its way through your neighborhood causing your neighbors to wonder what you’re cooking and can they come for morning cup of coffee and cookies.
Ok. Now that we have all of that “serious” business out of the way, on to the cookies!
These cookies are fresh, sweet and quickly disappearing. Just like Summer. A soft and fluffy buttery base, lemon zest and lemon juice how could you go wrong? and
Blueberries….. kind of make it a healthy recipe, right? 😉
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
zest of 1 lemon
3 Tbsp lemon juice
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 1/4 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups blueberries
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. In an electric bowl mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition, add lemon zest and juice, and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
4. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter.
5. Carefully fold in the blueberries after all the ingredients have been mixed together.
6. Allow dough to cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to overnight.
7. Preheat oven to 350.
8. Use a small scoop (about 1 tbsp size) and place rounded balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil (or non-stick cookie sheets).
9. Bake for 11-14 minutes, until the bottoms are slightly golden brown (the edges should not brown).