Looking for the ultimate dessert for Thanksgiving?! Look no more!
PUMPKIN PIE CAKE
The first time I tried this recipe I wasn’t sure what to expect.
Pie? Cake? Something in between?
Well, it’s definitely sort of a pumpkin pie and a pumpkin cake, all wrapped into one amazing but simple dessert. Creamy and spiced to perfection.
It’s the perfect dessert to have during the holidays, especially Thanksgiving, or to
bring to any holiday party. It’s fast an easy and always a crowd pleaser.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PIE CAKE
You will need couple of minutes to mix everything up and get it in the oven. Plan on
an hour for baking, and a 20-30 minutes to chill before serving.
Basically, you make a pumpkin pie filling and a yellow cake.
You’ll press 3/4 of the cake mix mixture on the bottom of a 9×13 pan, pour in all the pie filling, then top with the rest of the crumbled cake mix and pecans.
When it’s done baking, the pumpkin pie cake will be nice and golden brown on the
top, and a knife inserted near the edge will come out clean.
Serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (required) and caramel sauce and toffee bits (optional). You can cut it into 20 small pieces or 15 larger pieces. Either way, everyone’s going to love it!
Pumpkin Pie Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter softened
- 4 large eggs divided
- 2 15 oz pumpkin
- 1 5 oz evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cup sugar divided
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 stick butter 1/2 stick butter, cut into small pieces, chilled
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Whipping cream, ice cream or Cool Whip
- Preheat oven 350. Grease and flour 9x13 pan. Measure out 1 cup of dry cake mix, set aside.
- Place remaining cake mix, add ONE egg and the stick of butter and mix until combined. Press the mixture into the pan, evenly and up the sides a little bit. Set aside.
- In the same bowl (no need to rinse!) add the pumpkin, 3 remaining eggs, evaporated milk, ONE cup of sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix on low until it is combined and then beat for 2 minutes until "fluffy". Pour the mixture on top of the cake base.Set aside.
- Combine the reserved cake mix and 1/4 cup sugar in mixing bowl. Cut in the cold butter until combined. Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle over pumpkin layer and bake for 65-75 minutes until the cake is set in the middle. Remove from the oven and cool at least 20 minutes before serving. Serve cold or warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.