Do you like Apple Pie? What about Apple Pie Tacos with cinnamon roll tortillas?
How to Make Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Tacos
Cinnamon rolls take on a new life when they’re rolled flat, lightly fried, and folded into a taco shape. Stuffed with apple pie goodness, and topped with freshly whipped cream to create one epically delicious dessert or sweet breakfast taco.
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Tacos
- 1 8 count container of cinnamon rolls
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Confectioners Sugar Sifted
- 1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar mixed to taste
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- caramel topping optional
for the homemade Apple Filling Option
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3-4 medium apples peeled, cored and diced in to 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
for the canned apple filling option
- 1 can apple pie filling
- In a medium bowl, combine heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar.
- Use an electric mixer at medium speed to beat the cream until stiff peaks are formed. Whisk in vanilla extract, cover, and refrigerate.
- Separate the cinnamon rolls into 8 rolls. Lightly sprinkle flour on the work surface. Use a rolling pin to roll each cinnamon roll into a 4 – 5 inch circle.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add 2 cinnamon roll rounds to the skillet. Cook each round for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until light golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining cinnamon roll rounds, adding more oil as needed.
- Gently & carefully fold in half the hot cinnamon roll into a taco shape, using a metal spatula or tongs. Or place it over an upside down mini muffin tin to form the shape.
- Toss both sides evenly into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Spoon Apple Filling into the middle of the taco, and top with the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or drizzle with caramel or cinnamon roll icing.Serve immediately and enjoy!