Sometimes you just want something simple for dinner, and this Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce is about as simple as it gets. Sometimes you just need something easy for dinner, dontchya?
Sometimes you just want something a little more hearty for dinner.
Sometimes the only thing you want for dinner is a really good plate of pasta.
All right, do you have 15-20 minutes to prepare dinner? You do? Well this Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce is the next thing you should really prepare…..no joke it is that good!! But first , I wanted to be clear. You’ll have to buy a heap of fresh tomatoes, parsley, garlic and basil. Because this isn’t tomato sauce (aka ketchup) that you have on a sausage. This is pasta sauce, made with fresh tomatoes, just like I said above.
Now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s get cracking.
Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce
This is an extremely simple pasta recipe that I love to make when I don't really feel like cooking !
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 1/2 lbs plum tomatoes
- 1/8 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- 2/3 tbsp chopped garlic (from 2 garlic cloves, plus more if desired)
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- coarse salt
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce) (for serving)
- Coarsely chop the tomato and transfer to a small bowl.
- Finely chop basil, parsley, and garlic, and mix together with oil and tomato chunks in a another bowl (or pulse ingredients, including tomato chunks and oil, in a food processor to blend).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta, and cook until al dente.
- Drain pasta well in a colander, and then place the pasta to the serving bowl.
- Pour the fresh tomato mixture over the pasta in a serving bowl, sprinkle salt and pepper and toss to mix.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan just before serving.