Do you stir-fry at home? You definitely should, because stir-fry is a great way to incorporate more vegetables in your meal, plus this simple chicken stir-fry recipe takes a very small amount of time to prep and result of this method and recipe is an incredibly aromatic, tender chicken that tastes of soy and garlic, and bright, fresh asparagus that haven’t lost their snap.
adapted from Gimme Some Oven
(makes 4 servings)
About 1 lb boneless chicken breast, sliced into 1-inch sized pieces
About 8 asparagus stalks, ends trimmed, cut into 1-2-inch pieces
1-2 scallions, sliced on a bias
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Corn starch
Salt and pepper to taste
sesame seeds (optional)
1. Marinate sliced chicken with soy sauce, corn starch, salt, and 1 clove of minced garlic in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, and saute until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove the asparagus and set aside.
3. Remove chicken from marinade, and add to skillet. Saute until nearly cooked through (with the insides still slightly pink), about 5 minutes.
4. Then add rest of garlic, scallions, and the reserved marinade to the pan. Saute for an additional 2 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the garlic is fragrant.
5. Serve dish over steamed rice. garnished with toasted sesame seeds if desired.