All in one for chocolate and pumpkin cheesecake fans.
September is the pumpkin month,for food bloggers, so there’s no better time to enjoy the pumpkin goodness.
Lately I’ve been having a lot of mood swings, which clearly indicates fall is coming. Fall has its own very special charms – one of them is the pumpkin. I adore pumpkins in all their forms, and one of them are these chocolate pumpkin cheesecake bars. These bars are creamy, chocolate-ly, packed with pumpkin and cream cheese.
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
These bars are creamy, chocolate-ly, packed with pumpkin and cream cheese.
- 1 cup graham-cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped candied ginger
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. each ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 4oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, with ends of foil extending over sides about 1 inch.
- In a medium bowl, stir graham crumbs with candied ginger and butter until evenly moist.
- Press over bottom of a prepared pan. Bake in centre of oven until edges are golden, about 10 min. Remove from oven.
- Mix egg, pumpkin, sugar and spices in a bowl until well blended.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin mixture and mix just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until centre is set.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Pour the heavy cream into a small saucepan and put it on medium-low heat for a few minutes.
- Keep an eye on the cream — it's not necessary to boil or simmer it.
- It just needs to get hot.
- Remove from heat and scoop the chocolate into the cream.
- Let sit 2-3 minutes, then stir until combined and creamy.
- Pour chocolate filling over pumpkin cream cheese filling.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan.
- Cut into squares and serve.
1 thought on “Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars”
It is the season of pumpkin everything! These bars look so tasty!