Sometimes all you can think about is a delicious homemade cake.
To me, this is what represents a true, old fashioned homemade cake. Nothing fancy, very basic, just a perfectly simple sweet batter with crushed pineapples and pecans, topped with a delicate cream cheese frosting that pleasantly invades your senses. Perfect served at the kitchen table, piping hot coffee in hand, over gossip with your best friend. I can’t really describe it more except to say that it’s a complete miracle.
Well, I must admit…
This is another one of the pirated recipes from my mother’s blessed recipe binder, which she accidentally left at my house a couple of years ago. And when I returned the binder, a few loose handwritten recipe cards that were tucked in the interior pockets, by some miracle fell on the floor. (I may or may not have accidentally shaken the binder so that it would accidentally lose….) This Pineapple Pecan Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe was on one of those cards 🙂
This pineapple cake recipe is the perfect thing to make for last-minute guests because it is made using ingredients that are likely already in your pantry. Once you top this sweet cake with homemade cream cheese frosting, you will be ready to serve it up with tea or coffee. Everyone will love this homemade cake recipe.
Pineapple Pecan Cake
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 20-ounce, can Crushed Pineapple With Juice
- 1 cup Chopped Toasted Pecans optional
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 stick Butter softened
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, crushed pineapple with juice and chopped pecans(toast ‘em first).
- Mix the flour, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Stir in the egg mixture. Stir gently, just until combined.
- Pour into a 9×13 greased baking dish. Bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL COMPLETELY.
- Combine all frosting ingredients together (cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla) with an electric mixer until smooth. You may need to add a little milk to make it spreadable if your butter wasn’t soft enough.
- Spread frosting evenly on top of cake. Cut the cake into any size you like.