Chicken Enchilada Tortilla Roll Ups are a simple and fun bite sized spin on ever popular chicken enchiladas! A great appetizer recipe, easy to make ahead, easy to serve, perfect for game day party !
Get ready for the easiest enchiladas on the planet!
A few weeks ago, we had our good friends over for snacks. I had no idea what I was going to serve, but I knew I didn’t want it to be too fussy or involved. So I decided to flip through one of my old cookbooks and found this recipe.
Cream cheese, chicken, cilantro, rotel tomatoes….how can you go wrong with that cast of characters?! Sure enough, this was some seriously good dip – in fact, these little roll-ups didn’t even make it out of the kitchen!
So, needless to say, I didn’t wait long before making it again – this time for my mom, who was visiting for a couple of days (the ultimate test, mind you). Thankfully, she loved it too! In fact, she didn’t wait long before making it herself!
You can easily customize these based on what you’ve got in the pantry/fridge -black beans, corn, peppers…whatever. Thumbs way, way up.
Chicken Enchilada Tortilla Roll Ups
- 2 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 1/3 cup cheese (cheddar, Mexican blend, pepper jack, etc.) shredded
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- salt to taste
- 4-6 8 inch large flour tortillas
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except tortillas until well mixed. Lay a tortilla out on a plate and spread an even layer of the chicken enchilada cheese mixture all the way to the edges (about 2 to 3 tbsp).
- Roll up tortilla tightly and place on a plate and then repeat until all the ingredients have been used. Pop into the fridge to chill for 2 hour.
- Slice each rolled tortillas off the ends and set aside. Garnish with sliced green onions and or cilantro.
1 thought on “Chicken Enchilada Tortilla Roll Ups”
Looks good, I am going to try it