Summer Berry Cheesecake Tacos are the perfect red, white, and blue dessert for your Memorial Day, 4th of July BBQ’s or any summer family get-togethers. Imagine a rich, creamy lemony cheesecake enveloped in a crunchy baked tortilla coated with graham cracker crumbs and sugar, topped with fresh berries, making them perfectly festive patriotic dessert.
Who is ready for some festive Red, White and Blue treats!?
How can you not look at beautiful, fresh fruit and not be happy and want to eat it?
So, we are getting into my favorite time of year to bake! And look look look! I made patriotic dessert tacos. Okay basically I made several versions of a dessert tacos simply by switching up the fruit. But that’s what makes these tasty little summer treats so awesome, you can top them with anything you like!
I really struggled with what to call these. Patriotic dessert tacos? Summer dessert tacos? Backyard bbq tacos with cheesecake and fruit? I don’t know, it all felt weird and good at the same way. But obviously I settled on “summer berry cheesecake tacos” and that seems to work okay.
To make this easy dessert tacos recipe, you will need:
Graham cracker crumbs
Fresh Strawberries and Blueberries, (or any other berry up to your taste)
Standard Muffin Pan
You can make the taco shells ahead of time and chill them til you’re ready to serve dessert after your big backyard bbq! Strawberries and blueberries are perfect for the Memorial day and fourth of July, but don’t let that stop you from switching things up.
Summer Berry Cheesecake Tacos
- 5 8 inch Tortillas makes about 20 rounds
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Cut 4-5 rounds out of each tortilla shell with a cookie cutter to get about 20 shells. Dip each into melted butter then coat in graham cracker crumbs.
- Flip a muffin tin upside down. Place the tortilla pieces in between muffin cups. Bake 10 minutes until just golden brown. Let cool in pan.
- Beat cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, lemon zest and vanilla for 2 minutes, using medium speed, until it thickens. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Fill the taco shells with cream cheese filling, and top with sliced strawberries and blueberries. Sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs, optional! Enjoy!