Yummy, creamy, crunchy Strawberries and Cream frozen dessert! This is the perfect summertime refreshing dessert made with fresh strawberries and cream.
Nothing says spring/summer like strawberries and cream …..
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM
You’ll need a few ingredients on hand and two basic steps to make this light and creamy dessert.
Delicious crunchy crust/topping.
Begin by crushing some graham crackers and walnuts (or pecans) then adding melted butter, flour, and sugar. Then baking it all together in the oven. So good.
“ice cream” part
which is made out of sugar, egg whites, heavy cream, cream cheese, a splash of lemon juice and strawberries.
It comes together super easy, you just layer the crumbs you baked in a pan, pour the filling on top, and then sprinkle on the rest of the crumbs and let the refrigerator do the work for you.
So easy, right? Such a delightful dessert that takes just a few minutes to prepare.
Plus, you can make them a couple of days ahead of time. Perfect!
This recipe only requires a little baking, and you don’t have to heat up your entire home to make it, so it is definitely summer approved.
Frozen Strawberries and Cream Dessert
- 4 graham cracker sheets
- 1/2 cup walnuts/pecans
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 2 egg whites pasteurized
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse together graham cracker sheets and walnuts/pecans into fine crumbs.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, add butter, flour, and 1/2 cup of sugar, and mix together with a fork until thoroughly combined. Spread the crumb mixture in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring the crumbs halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat egg whites and 1/2 cup of sugar until frothy, about 3 minutes (If needed, add 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar). Add heavy cream and beat until soft peaks form.
- Add cream cheese and lemon juice, and mix until creamy. Gently fold in chopped strawberries. Press half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of your 9 x 13 pan.
- Spread strawberries and cream mixture on top and sprinkle remaining crust/crumb mixture on top. Freeze for 3-6 hours, or overnight.
- When you ready to serve, let it sit out 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
1 thought on “Frozen Strawberries and Cream Dessert”
I will be making this one 2morrow, for sure. Thanks for sharing your recipes