Mini Cinnamon crescent rolls are good any time of year, but I think they taste even better around Christmas.
How to make Mini Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
First gather your ingredients. You’ll need just 4 ingredients for this delicious pumpkin snack!
- crescent rolls
MAKING YOUR OWN CINNAMON BUTTER FILLING COULDN’T BE EASIER!
All you have to do is mix butter with cinnamon and sugar. Once you have a thick filling, you simply fill your crescent rolls with it and then roll them into cinnamon croissants.
Once you bake them, you can drizzle them with milk and sugar glaze over the cinnamon rolls if desired. You get the same iconic gooey center, fluffy dough and sweet glaze on top.
This cinnamon butter mixture makes enough for 32 mini crescent rolls (two tubes worth) so you have plenty for your next Christmas breakfast! Plus, they freeze really well too so you can make them ahead.
Tips for Success
- Cut each crescent roll triangle in half lengthwise into two pieces – that’s the mini part of this recipe.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment for easy clean up and to prevent sticking.
- Some cinnamon butter will leak from the crescent rolls while cooking. This will not affect the taste.
- When cutting the crescent dough triangles, you can use a pizza cutter wheel or a knife.
- You can dust the surface with flour. Lay the dough flat
- Don’t cut the bake time short, you want to make sure all the dough is baked through!
- You can either use the regular crescent rolls (what I prefer) or you can use crescent roll sheets but you’ll need to cut into triangles using a pizza cutter, or a sharp knife.
- Adjust the sugar and/or cinnamon to your particular tastes – you can make these as sweet or spicy as you like!
- These are best served warm from the oven and can be served with thick milk and sugar glaze too!
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Mini Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough or Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In small bowl, combine butter, sugar and cinnamon. Beat until smooth. Unroll the crescent dough on the baking sheet, separating the triangles. Cut each crescent roll triangle in half lengthwise into two pieces.
- (Or cut into triangles using a pizza cutter, or a sharp knife if using crescent roll sheet, triangles should be about 2 - 2 1/2 inches wide and about 9-10 inches high).
- Spread about 1 Tablespoon of the cinnamon mixture on each triangle.
- Starting with the largest end of the dough, gently roll each triangle into a crescent and arrange onto the baking sheet leaving 2 ½ inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Drizzle with milk and sugar glaze over the cinnamon rolls if desired.