And I’ll admit, I’m a huge fruit dumpling fan!
These Crescent Roll Peach Dumplings are one of my favorite ones of all. In fact, I might just like them even better than the crescent roll apple dumplings.
This is definitely not for those on a diet. You might gain 10 pounds just from looking at the recipe. Can you say brown sugar butter sauce?
This is a scrumptious dessert soft on the bottom and crispy on top, made from a few simple
ingredients which you probably already have in your kitchen. Easy and fast to prepare, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is outstanding.
What ingredients you need
7 Up (or Mountain dew)
How to make dumplings?
Begin with preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat with butter a 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
Unwrap the crescent rolls and separate the triangles.
Place a slice of peach on each triangle of dough beginning on a wider side and roll it in a croissant then place it in a baking dish seam side down.
In a separate bowl, melt the butter and combine with sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, mix until you get a liquid mixture without lumps and pour all over the rolls.
Pour soda (7up or Mountain Dew) around the edges of a baking dish and between rolls (but not over) and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until they become golden brown.
Serve immediately (spoon a little syrup on the top) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Can I use canned peaches?
Absolutely! Clearly fresh peaches are unavailable in the winter. Canned peaches are a bit softer and may break down, but it will be just as good ..and there is no peeling! Even the frozen peaches will do just fine.
Why the soda?
The soda gives carbonation, don’t miss it out otherwise it won’t turn out right. Pour it around croissants not on top so they can form incredible crust. Soda condenses during baking and helps to create syrupy sauce which you’ll absolutely adore. Use 7 up or Mountain dew.
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Easy Peach Dumplings
- 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- 1 large peach peeled, pitted and sliced into eight equal slices ( or use canned peaches)
- 1 8-ounce 8-count tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup 7 Up or Mountain Dew
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unwrap the crescent roll and separate the triangles.
- Place a slice of peach on each triangle of dough (on a wider side) and roll it in a croissant. Butter a 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla, mix until you get a liquid mixture without lumps, and pour pour over the rolls.
- Pour soda (7up or Mountain Dew) between rolls (but not over) and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until they become golden brown.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, mmmmm ... Ah-mazing !