Looking to make some easy and festive treats this Thanksgiving?
After having success with my festive lemon pie bites I knew I just had to re-create my festive mini pies in a fall flavor, so I made my favorite little flower crust cups, and spoon creamy pumpkin pie filling.
What Ingredients You Need
- All Butter Pie Crust – Homemade or Store bought
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Evaporated milk
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make Pie Crust Flowers
MAKING YOUR OWN PUMPKIN PIE FILLING COULDN’T BE EASIER!
All you have to do is mix pumpkin puree with eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, and spices. Once you have a thick filling, you simply fill your pie shells with it.
Once you bake them, you can dust them with powdered sugar, or sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar.
HOW DO YOU STORE MINI PUMPKIN PIE FLOWERS?
Since this is homemade, and therefore preservative-free, plus made with dairy and eggs… it needs to be refrigerated, and they’ll keep for 3-5 days.
WHAT ABOUT FREEZING… CAN THESE PUMPKIN PIE FLOWERS BE FROZEN?
Yes! Just remember to cool them completely first and skip dusting. Pumpkin pie flowers can be frozen for 1-2 months, and to defrost them, just place them in the refrigerator for a full 24 hours.
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Mini Pumpkin Pie Flower Shaped
- Mini Muffin Tin
Homemade All Butter Pie Crustor 2 pre-made ready to roll pie crusts
- 1 15 oz Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 12 oz evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (or use nonstick cooking spray) a mini-muffin pan. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts on a silicon mat and cut out as many flowers as possible. My flower shaped cookie cutter is 4-inches in diameter petal tip to petal tip.
- Once your first set of flowers are cut, you can ball up the dough and roll it out again. You should be able to get 24 flower shaped dough pieces.
- Put the dough pieces in mini muffin tins, leaving an empty space between crusts. Press them into the bottom and on the sides.
- Combine sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Spoon mixture into mini pies shells almost up to the top. Brush egg wash from one egg to the top edges of each crust.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- When ready to serve, dust the powdered sugar over the petals or sprinkle cinnamon sugar to the tops of each mini pie.