Fall is here and you know what that means: sweet, comforting, delicious PUMPKIN making its way into all kinds of baked goods!
An Easy Way to Serve PUMPKIN PIE
Today I’m bringing you a pumpkin pie recipe that is perfect for the busy holiday season. Pumpkin Pie is one of the easiest pies you can make and this version is made even easier
because it’s baked in a baking pan instead of a pie pan, similar to a slab pie.
A simple buttery shortbread gets pressed into the bottom of the pan, topped with a creamy pumpkin filling, and voilà – Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars!
How to make pumpkin pie bars
Step 1: Shortbread crust:
- Beat butter, sugar, and flour, until crumbly.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a 9×9 pan or 9×13 pan
- I don’t like shortbread dough. What else can I use?
You can use refrigerated pie crust or crescent roll dough as a substitute.
Step 2: Pumpkin filling:
- Whisk sugar and spices.
- Whisk in eggs, pumpkin, and evaporated milk.
- Pour the filling into the crust and place in the oven.
HOW DO YOU STORE EASY PUMPKIN PIE BARS?
Since this is homemade, and therefore preservative-free, plus made with dairy and eggs… it needs to be refrigerated, and they’ll keep for 3-5 days.
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1-3/4 cups sugar divided
- 1 29 oz Pure pumpkin puree
- 2 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream and additional ground cinnamon optional
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper letting some paper hang over the edge so it’s easy to pull the bars out once baked.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and flour. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan an even layer with your fingers.
- Combine remaining sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 50-55 minutes longer or until filling is set.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Use the parchment paper to lift out the pie, then cut into bars.
- If desired, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional cinnamon.