Need a Rolo recipe? Well, here you go, candy addicts.
How to Make Rolo Cheesecake Bars
These Rolo Cheesecake Bars are easy-to-make, Creamy, chocolatey, and ooey gooey that just takes a few basic ingredients, and a 9 x 9 baking pan, and come out perfectly classy every time!
- graham cracker crumbs
- cream cheese softened
- all-purpose flour
- vanilla extract
- mini Rolo Candys
- semi sweet chocolate
- light corn syrup
Tips For Success
When cheesecake is involved, there are a few simple tricks to making it ultra-creamy. It’s worth the minimal extra effort for a spectacular dessert.
- When making the Rolo Cheesecake Bars, have your cream cheese and eggs at room temperature. This will drastically improve the texture as these two ingredients will blend in more smoothly if not cold.
- Use the paddle attachment on your stand mixer to minimize incorporating air into the batter. The goal is for a dense and creamy cheesecake. If you’re using a hand mixer, be sure not to overmix by whipping on the highest speed or for too long. Use a lower speed and stop once the mixture is combined and homogeneous.
- Don’t overbake the cheesecake layer. It can still have a wee bit of a jiggle in the center as this will set as the cheesecake cools.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until cold before adding the chocolate ganache.
How to Store
Since the cheesecake filling can spoil, cheesecake bars must be stored in the refrigerator. Cover with plastic or foil to keep them fresh.
How to Serve Rolo Cheesecake Bars
Cheesecake tastes much better if brought out of the refrigerator about an hour before serving. Cut them while cold for the cleanest look, then bring them out to the counter to take the chill off. I like to garnish for company. These Rolo Cheesecake Bars looked great with mini Rolo and chocolate drizzle.
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Rolo Cheesecake Bars
- 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup mini Rolos
- 10 oz. semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper (so that there is an overhang on at least 2 sides) and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Use your hands or a spatula to press the crumbs in the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and beat for an additional couple of minutes, until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again until completely combined and smooth. Finally, beat in the flour and mix until smooth. Gently stir in rolos.
- Pour mixture over crust and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Combine chocolate, butter, and corn syrup in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water. Gently stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, and pour the chocolate over the cheesecake.
- Chill overnight. Use a sharp heavy bladed knife to get clean cuts. Serve with a chocolate drizzle, and additional rolo on top.