There are some things that just make sense.
Summer and ice cream. Flip flops and sundresses. Fresh apricots and yogurt. Creamy avocado mixed with lime and brown rice. I do love Avocado. Avocados are extremely versatile and becoming one of my favorite ingredients to cook with, plus they are super healthy. Pairing mashed avocado with brown rice, zesty lime, salt, and cilantro? Best idea ever.
1 and 3/4 cups water
1 tsp salt
2 cups quick cooking brown rice
1 avocado, mashed
1 lime zest and juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. in a medium saucepan, bring the water and 1 tsp salt to a boil. Keep in mind that more water gives you softer, stickier rice—great for stir-fries. Less water results in firmer rice, a good style for rice salads.
2. As soon as the water is boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and cover. Pour in the rice, and let the rice cook, simmering and covered, for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from heat and leave it covered for another 5-10 minutes until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
4. Spoon the cold mashed avocado into the hot rice and mix together.
5. Stir in the lime zest, lime juice, salt. Add cilantro before serving.