Baked Parmesan Chicken Bites are super crispy and flavorful on the outside and tender on the inside
It recently dawned on me that my blog has been live over 10 months now, and this is the second chicken recipe I’ve posted. Remember Quick Stir-Fry Chicken & Asparagus ? Yes ? It’s been a long time coming – I know. Have you tried them yet?! They’re dreamy, so light and easy to make….a must make dish ! But that’s really as far as my chicken game goes. What up with that, right? To remedy this lil issue, I give you Baked Parmesan Chicken Bites! These Baked Parmesan Chicken Bites are super crispy and flavorful on the outside and tender on the inside, and garlic aioli basically melts in, giving them great garlic flavour. Best of all, no oil is needed to make these, just a light coating of oil or cooking spray on wire rack to keep them from sticking.
Call them nuggets if you wish, I like the word “bites” much better, don’t you?
Baked Parmesan Chicken Bites with Garlic Aioli
- For Chicken
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs ( Panko )
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- For Aioli
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
- For Garnish:
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake breadcrumbs on rimmed baking sheet for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a rimmed plate, add Parmesan, and toss until combined.
- On another rimmed plate place flour, and in a wide bowl beat the eggs together.
- Increase oven temperature to 475 F
- Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet and brush the rack with oil.
- Generously season the chicken with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Place chicken pieces in flour plate coating well, then in egg mixture,
- and then roll in the parmesan-breadcrumb mixture patting crumbs onto all sides of the chicken.
- Arrange in a single layer on the greased wire rack.
- Bake in preheated oven until the chicken is crispy, golden brown, and cooked through, 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- In meantime while the chicken is baking, mix together mayonnaise, garlic, parsley and lemon juice.
- Place ramekin of aioli on a plate and surround with chicken bites.
- Garnish with parsley, so that it looks pretty.