All the flavor of Buffalo chicken dip rolled into a ball, breaded and deep fried. These Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls come together quickly and fly off the plate just as fast.
Get your Buffalo chicken fix without the mess.
What can’t you do with buffalo chicken? You can put it in rolls of tortilla, you can stuff it in poppers, use it as a dip, and make it into insanely addictive and pop-able mini meat and cheese balls. You know, like the ones in the picture above.
Now, if you’re a New England Patriots or LA Rams fan, let me say congratulations!
If you’re not so happy about this year’s Super Bowl, or you already know that the best part of the game for you is going to be all of the great food. The point is, no matter how you feel about football in general, you probably should use the Super Bowl as an excuse to make these Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 egg lightly beaten
- 2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 vegetable oil for frying
- Blue Cheese Dip:
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- Mix the chicken, hot sauce, pepper, Cheddar cheese and green onions together in a bowl.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls with a scoop.
- Place the formed balls on a parchment paper lined cookie tray and chill in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate bowls.
- Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg, and then the bread crumbs.
- Fry the breaded balls in the hot oil until slightly browned, about 1-2 minutes per batch.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil.
- To make blue cheese dip: combine mayonnaise, blue cheese, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, lemon juice, and garlic in a large bowl. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with blue cheese dip.