Apple Pie Cheesecake Tacos – a new fall favorite in your home and they couldn’t be easier. Crunchy baked tortilla shells, easy cheesecake filling and homemade apple pie topping are simply perfect. You’ll be enjoying this awesome dessert in about 30 minutes.
If you like apple pie for dessert, try something fun and new with Apple Pie Cheesecake Tacos!
So, what are Apple Pie Cheesecake Tacos, anyway?
Crunchy baked taco shells
The shells of these tacos are made from tortillas cut with a round cookie cutter and coated in butter and graham cracker cinnamon mixture, and baked to crunchy perfection. They only take about 10 minutes to make and can be made ahead of time.
How do you make Apple Pie Filling ?
This recipe is a mix of sliced apples, brown sugar, butter and spices that is cooked with some cornstarch on the stove to thicken everything up.
It takes just minutes to put together and can be stored in the fridge or freezer for later use.
Apple pie filling from scratch tastes SO much better than the canned version and can be used in everything from classic pies to danishes.
I know some people prefer making apple pie filling without cornstarch, but find it’s the easiest way to make it and you probably have everything already on hand.
Some apples are juicier than others. If you would like your filling thicker, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Add a little at a time while the mixture is boiling until you reach desired consistency.
If by any chance you have lemon juice at hand, place sliced apples in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice.
Apple Pie Cheesecake Tacos Ingredients
Graham cracker crumbs
Powdered sugar, brown sugar
Apple pie filling, (optional)
Standard Muffin Pan
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Apple Pie Cheesecake Tacos
- 6 8 inch Tortillas makes about 24-30 rounds
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
for the cheesecake filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
for the homemade Apple Filling Option
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3-4 medium apples peeled, cored and diced in to 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
for the canned apple filling option
- 1 can apple pie filling
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Combine graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut 4-5 rounds out of each tortilla shell with a cookie cutter to get about 24-30 shells. Dip each into melted butter then coat in graham mixture crumbs.
- Flip a muffin tin upside down. Place the tortilla pieces in between muffin cups. Bake 10 minutes until just golden brown. Let cool in pan.
- In a medium size pan, melt butter, add apples, spices, brown sugar and 3 Tablespoons water. Cook over medium-high heat, for 4-6 minutes or until apples very slightly softened.
- In a small dish combine cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons water. Add to pan while stirring and continue to cook until apples are tender, and filling is thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, lemon zest and vanilla for 2 minutes, using medium speed, until it thickens. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe the taco shells with cream cheese filling and top with 1/2 tsp apple pie filling. Sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs, optional! Enjoy!