Fool proof Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe can be made LESS than 30 minutes! In fact, they only bake for 7-8 minutes.
Looking for the best chocolate chip cookies EVER? you’re in the right place.
FOOL PROOF Chocolate Chip Cookies
I present to you… the FOOL PROOF Chocolate Chip Cookie. Perfectly Soft. Perfectly sweet. Perfectly thick. Perfectly Chocolate. Perfectly Chewy. Perfectly Perfect.
Amazingly delicious, ultra thick and soft with melted chocolate chips. Slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Sweet, buttery chocolate flavor, perfect when you are craving for chocolate cookies, especially good with a big glass of milk. No one can resist this classic treat and exceptional snack. Perfect and comforting on a rainy day to make it brighter.
Easy everyday homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe, so simple to make, but still can teach you much about science of baking. You can make dough up to two days ahead and have it ready when you want to bake or put in freezer for up to 3 months.
What Ingredients You Need
Flour – (I used all purpose for this recipe.)
Cornstarch – ( It makes these chocolate chip cookies extra chewy and soft )
Butter ( They key is just to make sure that your butter is legit room-temperature so that it will cream correctly with the sugars.)
Granulated sugar – ( feel free to experiment with different granulated/brown ratios if you prefer.)
Brown sugar – (for that delicious molasses flavor)
Egg – ( you can substitute this for 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce.)
Vanilla extract – (it’s the small secret that makes these cookies extra delicious.)
Semisweet Chocolate chips – ( you can sub in mixture of either dark or milk chocolate or even chocolate chunks!)
How To Make Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
The trick to make gooey cookies is not to OVER BAKE them. They will not look done when you remove them from the oven at the end of baking time, but they are. They will set up while cooling on baking sheet for a few minutes. That is the secret that makes these cookies so amazing! The corn starch is also a key to softness and thickness as well. Don’t over mix ingredients or you may end up with dry and hard
Why Are My Cookies Puffy?
It is very important to measure ingredients, especially the flour accurately, If you accidentally put too much flour in the dough it will prevent cookies to spread. Use a measuring cup made for dry ingredients.
Make sure that your butter and sugar mixture is well creamed.
Why Are My Cookies Flat?
To prevent flat cookies Refrigerate your cookie dough for at least an hour, that allows ingredients to settle together after mixing. The warmer the cookie dough is when you put it in the oven, the flatter and thinner your cookies will be.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookies Dough?
Yes! You can make Chocolate Chip dough ahead, roll it into balls, chill in the fridge for an hour and freeze. When you want to bake just remove from the freezer, place them on parchment lined baking pan and leave at room temperature for 1-2 hours to thaw (covered) and bake! Freeze cookie dough for up to 3 months.
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick butter about 1/2 cup, softened
- 6 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature preferred
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips plus additional for tops, optional
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Scoop dough and drop by large spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets, placing at least 2" apart.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until tops are just barely started to turn brown (centers will be soft). The cookies will look under baked at the end of baking time, but that is good, they will cook completely on the cookie sheets.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit on cookie sheets for 10 minutes.
- If desired, gently press additional chocolate chips into the tops of the warm cookies. Remove them to cooling rack.
3 thoughts on “Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies”
I made these for my husband’s birthday and everyone went crazy for them! This will forever always be my go-to recipe for chocolate chip cookies!
They were wonderful made more than I expected.
They were wonderful