Tasty peach pie filling rolled inside the slice of bread, fried until golden brown and coated with cinnamon-sugar mixture. These delicious Peach Pie French Toast Roll-Ups are a creative breakfast treat for any day of the week!
This is how you justify having dessert for breakfast…
FRENCH TOAST ROLL UPS
I think I’ve found a new french toast recipe that is my absolute favorite. If you’ve been hanging around here long enough, you might remember that I make french toast often.
So, it’s time to add another recipe to the mix! These Peach Pie french toast rolls are a fun variation of regular french toast. A smearing of cream cheese, peach pie filling and a sweet cinnamon sugar mixture makes these roll ups so tasty. Plus, it’s an easy breakfast recipe for the kiddos to help with!
Why You’ll Love This French Toast
Simple and easy – You can whip this up in a matter of minutes. If you have children, they can help too!
Incredibly versatile – Substitute peaches with blueberries, strawberries, apples or even bananas. I’ve also made some savory varieties like this sausage rolls-ups. These are basically stuffed French toast sticks!
Fun for the kids – Kids love sandwiches. If you create it a cute shape or form they’ll even want it even more.
Ingredients in Stuffed French Toast Recipe
You can make these Roll-Ups with homemade or canned peach pie filling.
10-12 toast bread slices
For the Homemade Peach Pie Filling Option
For The Canned Peach Pie Filling Option
Peach pie filling
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Peach Pie French Toast Roll Ups
- 10-12 toast bread slices
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter for cooking more if necessary
* for the homemade Peach Filling Option
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water or peach juice if use canned
- 4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled peaches chopped, peeled (roughly 2-3 large peaches)
* for the canned Peach Filling option
- 1 can Peach pie filling
- In a large saucepan, whisk together sugar, water, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Cook until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla and peaches. Cool.
- In a bowl combine sugar with cinnamon and set aside. In another bowl beat eggs with milk and set aside.
- Remove the bread crust, and flatten the slices with a rolling pin. Spread cream cheese evenly on each slice of bread. Add about 1-2 teaspoons of the peach filling along one edge of the bread, the roll them up.
- Gently but tightly roll up the bread around the peach filling. Continue with the remaining bread.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt about 1 tbsp of butter.
- Coat the rolls in the egg mixture and place seam side down. Cook 3-4 roll at a time. When browned, turn a quarter turn and continue until all sides are cooked and browned nicely.
- Clean the pan slightly with a paper towel and repeat until all rolls are cooked. Roll into the sugar cinnamon mixture. Serve warm and dip in maple syrup if desired.