Are mini pumpkin pie crescent rolls breakfast or dessert? Or maybe they’re both!
I’m totally here for any crescent roll recipes! They make life sooooo much easier and much more delicious. So I will always go out of my way to make snacks that are super easy because they’re perfect to throw together for a last minute party! With just a few ingredients you have a hand held pumpkin pie!
How to make Mini Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls
First gather your ingredients. You’ll need just 6 ingredients for this delicious pumpkin snack!
- crescent rolls
- pumpkin puree
- egg yolks
- pumpkin pie spice
MAKING YOUR OWN PUMPKIN PIE FILLING COULDN’T BE EASIER!
All you have to do is mix pumpkin puree with egg yolks, sugar, and spices. Once you have a thick filling, you simply fill your crescent rolls with it and then roll them into pumpkin pie croissants.
Once you bake them, you can dust with powdered sugar, or drizzle them with butter and sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar. The cinnamon sugar adds a delicious crunch and nice flavor to the outside of the croissant.
This pumpkin pie mixture makes enough for 32 mini crescent rolls (two tubes worth) so you have plenty for your next holiday brunch! Plus, they freeze really well too so you can make them ahead.
Tips for Success
- Cut each crescent roll triangle in half lengthwise into two pieces – that’s the mini part of this recipe.
- Brush each crescent roll with melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment for easy clean up and to prevent sticking.
- When cutting the crescent dough triangles, you can use a pizza cutter wheel or a knife.
- You can dust the surface with flour. Lay the dough flat
- Don’t cut the bake time short, you want to make sure all the dough is baked through!
- You can either use the regular crescent rolls (what I prefer) or you can use crescent roll sheets but you’ll need to cut into triangles using a pizza cutter, or a sharp knife.
- Adjust the sugar and/or spice to your particular tastes – you can make these as sweet or spicy as you like!
- These are best served warm from the oven and can be served with ice cream or whipped cream, too!
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Mini Pumpkin Pie Crescent Rolls
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough or Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice to taste
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Mix in egg yolks.
- Unroll the crescent dough on the baking sheet, separating the triangles. Cut each crescent roll triangle in half lengthwise into two pieces. (Or cut into triangles using a pizza cutter, or a sharp knife if using crescent roll sheet, triangles should be about 2 - 2 1/2 inches wide and about 9-10 inches high).
- Spread about 1 Tablespoon of the pumpkin mixture on each triangle.
- Starting with the largest end of the dough, gently roll each triangle into a crescent and arrange onto the baking sheet leaving 2 ½ inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.