These Salami & Cream cheese Roll Ups makes a most delicious and inspiring Christmas or NewYear’s Eve fingerfood appetizer idea.
“You know how there’s always that moment where it suddenly Feels Like Christmas? and no season is felt in different ways like Christmas.Like when you doing Christmas cards or when Christmas cards start arriving in the mail. When you actively shopping for Christmas gifts or when radio stations start playing Christmas music. When we put up the Christmas lights, wrapping Christmas gifts or making favorite Christmas meals….. Yeah.
Wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!
Hope it is the best ever for you. Happy New Year too…..I’ll be stepping away from the computer for today to enjoy this precious time with family and friends, but before that i would like to share with you a few more words.
Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas without all those traditional Cristmas drinks, dips, spreads, and finger food appetizer recipes. They’re as much a part of the celebrations as the decorations, the nativity scenes, the wreaths on the doors, the sleighs, the trees and the Three Kings…
I thought maybe I could offer a idea that will inspire you to come up with the most delicious Christmas finger food appetizer ever or New Year’s Eve on the other hand! After all, Christmas comes but once a year!
Salami & Cream Cheese Roll-Ups
- 8 oz. package deli-style hard salami (thinner is better as it rolls easier)
- 6-8 oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced thin
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on a clean surface.
- Place the cream cheese on top of the plastic wrap and cover with another piece of wrap the same size.
- Roll out the cream cheese into an even layer rectangle shape, approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Remove the top layer of plastic wrap and lay out the salami on the cream cheese layer until all the cream cheese is covered,
- Lightly press the salami into the cream cheese to make it stick.
- Place the another plastic wrap and carefully flip the salami and cheese so that the cream cheese is again on top.
- Remove the wrap and place the slices of green pepper randomly all over the cream cheese.
- (Add any other veggies you'd like, just don't overfill it.)
- Gently lift the edge of the plastic wrap and bend inward, move the plastic wrap out of the way and carefully begin rolling.
- Roll the salami over the cream cheese being careful not to leave any air space and use the plastic wrap to pull it tight as you work.
- After it's all wrapped up like a log, secure the plastic wrap around it.
- Refrigerate at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Cut the roll-ups slices thin and place on a cracker.
- As large crackers may need a thicker slice, while smaller crackers will need one cut thinner.
I am truly thankful to each of you who read this blog, send sweet e-mails, leave comments… Thank you!!