Strawberry cheesecake is delicious….one of my favorite desserts for sure! Cheesecake in taco shell is a fun twist on the usual cheesecake and a great way to serve it to a crowd!
Strawberry Cheesecake Tacos
A great dessert idea to make this spring/summer is Strawberry Cheesecake Tacos! They are fun and easy to make and great to serve to a crowd !
- 5 8 inch Tortillas about 20 rounds
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Cut 4-5 rounds out of each tortilla shell with a cookie cutter to get about 20 shells. Dip each into melted butter then coat in graham cracker crumbs.
- Flip a muffin tin upside down. Place the tortilla pieces in between muffin cups. Bake 10 minutes until just golden brown. Let cool in pan.
- Make the strawberry Filling: In a small pot pour water, add sugar and strawberries. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer to soften the strawberries.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and pour into strawberry mix and bring to a boil, stirring constantly (mixture will be slightly chunky). Remove to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, lemon zest and vanilla for 2 minutes, using medium speed, until it thickens. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Fill the taco shells with cream cheese filling and top with 1/2 tsp strawberry filling. Sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs, optional! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!