Needless to say, what any responsible banana eater should do – make banana desserts!
These are like little portable banana breads with the most delicious, buttery cinnamon crumb topping.
How do they taste?
Crumbly on top!
Packed with banana flavor
& Utterly perfect with coffee
It really doesn’t get any better than this.
Banana Crumb Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin liners.
- For the topping : In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add butter and mix with a fork or pastry cutter until crumbly.
- For the muffins : In large bowl, combine dry ingredients(flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt). Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, sugar, slightly beaten egg, vanilla and melted butter. Mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle topping over muffin batter. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.