These Creamy Key Lime Pie Bars are a refreshing, easy-to-bake dessert. They’re a delicious recipe for spring, summer, or whenever you’re craving summertime flavors. And I find they’re easier to make than traditional key lime pie.
Surprise! Key lime pie bars! I feel like these are maybe a bit unexpected from me?
I haven’t done many key lime pie recipes, so these feel very new and exciting to me. They’re also perfect for the spring and summer days ahead.
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Creamy Key Lime Pie Bars
These Creamy Key Lime Pie Bars are a refreshing, easy-to-bake dessert. They're a delicious recipe for spring, summer, or whenever you're craving summertime flavors. And I find they're easier to make than traditional key lime pie.
- 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons ground nuts or pecans, almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon lime zest grated, optional
- 3 egg yolks room temperature
- 1 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice around 4-5 medium limes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice around 1 medium lemon
- grated lime zest and slices for decoration optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper leaving a 2-inch overhang on each side. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients and stir until evenly moist. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool crust, 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk all filling ingredients until smooth and incorporated. Pour filling into cooled crust, carefully spread to edges. Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until you see the edges starting to set (don’t allow to brown).
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving(preferably overnight). Using parchment paper overhang, lift out of pan, and transfer to a cutting board.
- With a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares.
* I used fresh lime juice for this recipe (about 4-5 limes to make 1/2 cup) but you can also use store-bought, unsweetened juice
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
1 thought on “Creamy Key Lime Pie Bars”
I’m looking forward to making this, but you say mix crust ingredients then mix filling ingredients but fail to say what ingredients they are? Does all the sugar go in the crust, or should some go into the filling? I’d appreciate a reply. Thanks in advance!