Mini Raspberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls is a quick and easy recipe, perfect for Spring or Summer breakfast! You’ll love the amazing bright raspberry flavor.
So…is this recipe for breakfast or dessert?
I think it’s for both! It’s perfect for anytime of day.
How to make Mini Raspberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
First, gather your ingredients. These only require a few ingredients which makes it a great recipe for parties or just because you are craving something sweet. You will only need crescent rolls, sauce/jelly/jam (we love raspberry), cream cheese, and if you decide to add a glaze, some milk and confectioners sugar. We even made a pumpkin version that is a favorite during the Fall season!
- crescent rolls
- raspberry sauce/jam
- cream cheese
MAKING YOUR OWN RASPBERRY SAUCE FILLING COULDN’T BE EASIER!
Did you know that that amazing raspberry filling you find in cakes and pastries is super easy to make at home, and it only takes 4-5 ingredients and15-20 minutes? Once you’ve made it you can use it in pastries, cakes, donuts, and so on, the possibilities are endless!
You will need raspberries (either fresh or frozen will work), granulated sugar, cornstarch, water, and/or lemon juice. That’s it!
Tips for Success
- Cut each crescent roll triangle in half lengthwise into two pieces – that’s the mini part of this recipe.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment for easy clean up and to prevent sticking.
- Some raspberry sauce/jam will leak from the crescent rolls while cooking. This will not affect the taste.
- When cutting the crescent dough triangles, you can use a pizza cutter wheel or a knife.
- You can dust the surface with flour. Lay the dough flat
- Don’t cut the bake time short, you want to make sure all the dough is baked through!
- You can either use the regular crescent rolls (what I prefer) or you can use crescent roll sheets but you’ll need to cut into triangles using a pizza cutter, or a sharp knife.
- You can either use store-bought raspberry jam/preserves or homemade, but I love making the raspberry filling at home.
- Fresh or frozen will work. I generally tend to prefer frozen when making raspberry cake filling because they’re never out of season and they’re often less expensive.
- These are best served warm from the oven and can be served with thick milk and sugar glaze too!
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Mini Raspberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough or Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 cup Raspberry Jelly/Sauce/Preserves homemade recipe bellow
- 1 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. HOMEMADE RASPBERRY SAUCE - Whisk together the warm water/lemon juice and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Combine the raspberries and sugar in a small saucepan over low-medium heat, for about 4 minutes. Mix in the cornstarch/water. Gently simmer for 3 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Set aside and let it cool to room temperature before using.
- In a standing mixer, beat softened cream cheese until fluffy. About 2 minutes. Add sugar and beat another 2 minutes scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add vanilla, lemon juice, egg, and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough on the baking sheet, separating the triangles. Cut each crescent roll triangle in half lengthwise into two pieces.
- (Or cut into triangles using a pizza cutter, or a sharp knife if using crescent roll sheet, triangles should be about 2 - 2 1/2 inches wide and about 9-10 inches high).
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture over each triangle and then spread about 1 Tablespoon of the raspberry sauce on top.
- Starting with the largest end of the dough, gently roll each triangle into a crescent and arrange onto the baking sheet leaving 2 ½ inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Drizzle with milk and sugar glaze or dust with powdered sugar over the crescent rolls if desired.
2 thoughts on “Mini Raspberry Cheesecake Crescent Rolls”
This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it!
I’m going to make this with my huckleberry jam!