Mini Lemon Cheesecakes are light and lemony bite-sized desserts and will be the perfect addition to your Easter or Mother’s Day menu!
All the flavours of Lemon Cheesecake packed into perfect portable dessert for any occasion or season…..
Spring and summer are on the horizon and with these seasons come so many reasons for celebrating. There is Easter, Mother’s Day, graduation parties, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Fourth of July, neighbourhood barbecues and so much more. These Mini Lemon Cheesecakes are so easy to make, you can make them up to several days in advance and store in the fridge and top with the lemon curd just before the party. They are the perfect lemon lovers quilt free dessert.
HOW TO BAKE THE PERFECT CHEESECAKES WITHOUT CRACKS
You want a cheesecake without cracks? Patience is the answer.
The main reason cheesecakes crack is when the cake cools it tends to break away from the pan too quickly. Therefore, cracking.
So you want the mini cheesecakes to cool gradually. Once it’s done, turn the oven off but keep the mini cheesecakes in the oven for about an hour with the oven door slightly open.
Chill the mini cheesecakes completely too. Hard not to devour it immediately I know but perfect mini cheesecakes take time. And this mini lemon cheesecakes are totally worth it.
LEMON CURD GLAZE
The curd is a simple combination of eggs, sugar, lemon, and butter, and while it may look a bit looser than store-bought lemon curd, it will firm once it cools to create a thin, ultra-tart layer that perfectly contrasts the sweet cheesecake.
To save time, you can use store-bought lemon curd instead. To make it easy to spread in a thin layer, heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds just until it’s pourable.
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
- Muffin Tin
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs about 10-11 whole graham crackers
- 2 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla bean paste
Lemon Curd Glaze
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 16-18 muffin cups with liners. In a mixing bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar together.
- Divide mixture and press inside the bottom of a muffin cups to form little crusts. (about 1 tablespoon) Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven to cool.
- Prepare lemon curd. Separate the yolks from the whites, set the whites aside. In a double boiler over simmering water, whisk all lemon curd ingredients for 8-10 minutes.
- Pour into a small, heat-safe bowl, and let cool for 15 minutes. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool completely and continue to thicken.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer blend together cream cheese with sugar just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, then blend in sour cream. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla until blended.
- Once well combined, pour on top of your mini graham cracker crusts. Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes, until the center is still a bit wobbly.
- Once it's done cooking, cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Carefully remove cheesecakes from pan, removing pan disc from the bottom of each crust. Spoon a 1-2 tsp lemon curd to each cheesecake. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.