These Strawberry Brownie kabobs are perfect for Holidays, BBQs, Baby showers, themed events, or any other time you get the hankering to stick brownie bites, marshmallows, and fruit on a skewer, and drizzle with chocolate.
I love easy desserts that make people go WOW! Strawberry Brownie Kabobs are just that.
What You Need for Strawberry Brownie Kabobs
This quick and easy recipe uses only a few ingredients and there are so many variations too.
Strawberries: You’ll need 24 fresh strawberries, which is about 2 pints.
Marshmallows: Large marshmallows work best for this recipe.
Brownies: I made mini brownie bites in a mini muffin pan, but you could always use store-bought mini brownie bites to make it easier.
Chocolate sauce: I love using melted chocolate chips for drizzling, but hot fudge works great too.
Skewers: I used 6-inch knotted bamboo cocktail skewers.
How to Make Dessert Kabobs
The concept is simple and can be tailored in a myriad of ways.
Start with a pan of baked and cooled brownie bites. Choose a few other kebab-worthy items, such as beautiful red strawberries, blueberries, pineapple chunks, etc – the sky is the limit here. Wash and dry the strawberries. Then slice the tops off. Poke the strawberry, marshmallow, and brownie bite through your skewer. Place on a plate or wax paper and drizzle with chocolate sauce and……And you’re all done!
Super simple, or what?
Tips for Success
- This will feed a large crowd, you can assemble it in the morning, and refrigerate it until ready to eat.
- You can even buy brownie bites, instead of baking them.
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles would rock for your 4th of July party!
- I have even heard of people toasting the marshmallows with a kitchen torch would have been really, really cute and made these even more summery.
- If you have plans on assembling these dessert kabobs in advance, I’d recommend waiting to add the strawberries and chocolate drizzle until the very end.
- Once strawberries are cut, they can lose their juices rather quickly in the fridge (especially when touching other foods containing sugar).
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Strawberry Brownie Kabobs
- 1 box brownie mix homemade or store bought
- 2 16 oz large strawberries
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Wooden skewers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil, water, and vanilla. Sprinkle the dry brownie mix over the wet mix and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Clean, dry, and cut the tops off the strawberries (if need to in order to create uniform sizes).
- Layer the strawberries, brownies, and marshmallows on the skewers (I like to do berry, brownie, marshmallow, brownie and berry order per stick), and lay them out on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
- In a glass bowl melt chocolate in the microwave for about two minutes stirring every every 30 seconds. Once fully melted, insert it into a large plastic bag and cut off the corner tip.
- Drizzle all over kabobs and place in fridge to set.