Well, today I want to share something sweet and Lemony this time!
How to make Mini Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
Let me show you how easy these mini lemon cheesecake crescent rolls are to make.
You will need :
Tips for Success
- Cut each crescent roll triangle in half lengthwise into two pieces – that’s the mini part of this recipe.
- Brush each crescent roll with melted butter and roll in the turbinado sugar.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment for easy clean up and to prevent sticking.
- When cutting the crescent dough triangles, you can use a pizza cutter wheel or a knife.
- You can dust the surface with flour. Lay the dough flat
- Don’t cut the baking time short, you want to make sure all the dough is baked through!
- You can either use the regular crescent rolls (what I prefer) or you can use crescent roll sheets but you’ll need to cut them into triangles using a pizza cutter, or a sharp knife.
- Adjust the sugar and/or lemon to your particular tastes – you can make these as sweet or lemony as you like!
- These are best served warm from the oven and can be served with sugar glaze or powdered sugar, too!
I hope you love this delicious and easy recipe – be sure to give it a review below!
Also don’t forget to follow SugarApron on Facebook, Pinterest and Youtube
Mini Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls
Mini Lemon Cheesecake Crescent Rolls - Crescent Roll Bites, with the simplest lemon cheesecake filling, topped with a sweet citrus glaze. The perfect spring breakfast or brunch recipe!
- 2 tubes refrigerated crescent roll dough or Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer, beat softened cream cheese until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar and beat another 2 minutes scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add lemon juice, egg, vanilla and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough on the baking sheet, separating the triangles. Cut each crescent roll triangle in half lengthwise into two pieces.
- (Or cut into triangles using a pizza cutter, or a sharp knife if using crescent roll sheet, triangles should be about 2 - 2 1/2 inches wide and about 9-10 inches high).
- Spread a thin layer of lemon cream cheese mixture over each triangle and then sprinkle with lemon zest on top.
- Starting with the largest end of the dough, gently roll each triangle into a crescent and arrange onto the baking sheet leaving 2 ½ inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Prepare sugar glaze by combining all ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle with sugar glaze or dust with powdered sugar over the crescent rolls, and garnish with fresh lemon zest or lemon peel if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!